Sunday, June 01, 2014

Mint Chocolate Brownies


Hello Lovelies! Long time, no see (well blog technically!) So, there's only 2 more weeks of school left, and I am so exhausted. Last week was testing week, which explains my absence for the past few weeks. It was crunch time, studying until I fell asleep! I mean, I had to pass my SOLs, or else I wouldn't pass the class. Thankfully, I passed all three of my SOLs, leaving me with 5 exams to take next week. "I'm almost done, I'm almost done " is what I keep reminding myself. Then I will be able to sleep and bask in the warm summer sun! Well last weekend, I wanted to bake something. I was done with my tests and finally had a break. But what would I bake? Well since I started baking, my friend had always wanted me to make Mint Chocolate Brownies. So I got to work, and found the perfect recipe. While I did tweak some of the ingredients, the recipe is pretty much flawless ( I adapted this recipe from your cup of cake ). Everyone loved these brownies, and my friend was overjoyed when he saw I finally made them, saying that they were very delicious. They are thick, with a fudge-like consistency. The sweet, refreshing mint filling is subtly perfect and the silky-smooth ganache melts in your mouth as you take bite after bite of these brownies.

 Bottom line: These brownies are amazing and life changing. 


I had a very fun week. On Thursday, I went over to my friend's house and she wanted me to teach her how to bake something, so I made my Chocolate Chip Cookies, which the recipe is here . She thought the cookies were very good and we had loads of fun. We also attempted to take tumblresque pictures, and failed miserably. On Friday, my brother organized a movie night with our friends, and while there was a lot of talking and playing around, we actually succeeded in watching one movie. And yesterday, I kind of accidentally crashed a wedding reception. One of my friends told me it was a party and invited me. When we arrived, I realized it was a wedding reception, and I was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt! But everyone there was really nice and I had loads of fun, plus they had sushi, which is always a plus :)

Yield: 12 to 16 delicious brownies
 1 cup of butter, melted
1/2 cup and 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
2 cups of granulated sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla
4 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 to 3/4 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mint Filling:
2 tablespoons of softened butter
4 oz. of cream cheese
1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
1-2 drops of green food coloring (I only needed one drop of mint colored americolor food coloring)
1/4 cup of whipping cream
2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar

Chocolate Ganache:
1/3 cup of whipping cream
1 1/3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
and lastly, 1/3 cup of butter
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees

2. Grease a 9x13 pan, you can use parchment paper, but I used plain ol' butter

3. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar

4. Add in the cocoa powder and mix in well

5. Slowly add in the eggs, one at a time, until they are well incorporated

6. Pour in the flour, salt, and vanilla

7. Keep mixing the batter until everything is well mixed and smooth

8. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate chips

9. Pour the batter into the pan, making sure it is even

10. Bake the brownies for 25-27 minutes

11. Once the brownies have finished baking, let them cool on a cooling rack for 20-30 minutes.

Start the Mint Filling:

12. When the brownies are cooled, using a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix the cream cheese and butter together

13. Slowly pour in the powdered sugar and whipping cream

14. Lastly, add in the peppermint extract and food coloring, until the filling is at a creamy and fluffy consistency

15. Spread the filling over the brownies, and let it refrigerate for 5 minutes in the freezer and 20 minutes in the refrigerator

Start the Chocolate Ganache:

16. In a microwave proof bowl, add in all the ingredients

17. Microwave for a minute and stir, then microwave for 30 seconds, making sure each time you whisk the ganache until everything is silky (It took only 2 minutes of microwave time in total)

18. Pour the ganache on top of the brownies and move the pan to evenly spread the delicious ganache!

19. Refrigerate for 45 minutes to an hour
20. Cut the brownies into squares, and ENJOY!!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Amanda.. I love to try this chocolate mint brownies at home and I'm pretty sure that My siblings will surely love this. Thanks for the share and you explained it very clearly.
    glyn
    cakes bakery in Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete