Thursday, November 14

Soft Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies



 
Hello lovelies! I know it has been about FOREVER since I have posted. But, I have been super busy. I had a big order last week (or was it the week before?) and so I didn't get to bake. Plus I was practically drowning in homework. But I managed to have time to bake! These cookies are AMAZING! They are so soft and have a beautiful sweet, pumpkiny flavor. The spices are just perfectly balanced and the white chocolate matches the pumpkin deliciously. But trust me; once you start to eat these cookies, it is hard to stop :) And after one day, the flavors are enhanced and these cookies turn into the best pumpkin cookies I have ever tasted.
 
 * I adapted this recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction, but I did tweak quite a few things in the recipe.

 Oh! I went to CafĂ© Moka and ordered a Pumpkin Spice Latte. When they gave me the cup....it had an intricate leaf design on it. I just HAD to take a picture! You know, one day I really want to learn how to make those designs in Coffees and Lattes....

So as you may have noticed, there are Christmas goodies already being sold in stores. I was in Farm Fresh, and I saw stacks upon stacks of Candy Canes. I have to admit, sooner or later I will give in and buy a pack or two (or ten). I'm also tempted to bake Christmas sweets, there are so many! But I don't want to let go of fall, Thanksgiving hasn't even passed.

Yield: 12 Cookies

1/2 cup of unsalted butter (melted)
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon of ginger
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon-sugar (yes, they sell a cinnamon sugar spice!)
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
6-7 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
1. Mix together the melted butter and sugars using a stand mixer or hand mixer

2. Once they are mixed together well, add in the pumpkin

3. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients and vanilla. Keep mixing until the dough is sticky and soft

4. Using a rubber spatula, slowly mix in the white chocolate chips

5. Wrap the cookie dough using plastic wrap.

6. Place the dough in the freezer and leave it for 30-45 minutes. (You may want to switch the sides halfway through the time so the dough is frosted evenly.)

7. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

8. Form 12 cookie dough balls (about 2 tablespoons for each ball) and place them on the baking sheet. Flatten them slightly on the top.

9. Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes.

10. Place them on a cooling rack and let them cool for at least one hour.

11. ENJOY the Cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I was invited to a cookie swap party (my first) and plan on baking and bringing these. I am amazed at your talent. You are so young yet your passion and gift shines through. Thanks for sharing your blessing with us and I pray God continues blessing you! Stay encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I hope you enjoy this recipe :) it's one of my favorites

      Delete