Sunday, December 02, 2012

Gingerbread Men


                       Yay! Its finally December! Well, to start off my Christmas baking, I decided to make Gingerbread Men! They are soo delish and super cute! This recipe is also my own original recipe so you can't find it anywhere but here. Now, I just had to make Gentlemen Gingerbrad Cookies so two of them have mustaches and one has a bowtie. I also made a girl that has curly hair and pink, sparkly boots.  I mean the best part of making Gingerbread Men cookies is decrating them! So yesterday, I bought a Gingerbread cookie cutter and its like super adorable. I got to decorate my Christmas Tree today and I have already visited Christmas Town in Busch Gardens. I just love Christmas time and I even made a list (when I was in school) of things that I should try to bake. Well, enjoy the recipe!:

I am entering this Gingerbread Men Cookies in the Creative Holiday Recipe Contest hosted by Confessions of a Cookbook Queen and Cookies and Cups!
Yield- 6-7 cookies

2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 large egg
3/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1 3/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
1/4 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup of molassas
3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons of milk (I used 1% milk)

Buttercream Frosting-

2 cups of powdered sugar
1/4 cup of butter, softened
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract

1. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix the butter and sugar together.

2. Then, add in the molassas and dry ingredients. Mix the dough untill it is sticky and soft but holds together.

3. On a lightly floured surface, knead and roll the dough into a circle that is at least 1/4 inch thick.

4. Cover it with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for 20-30 mimutes.
5. Pre-heat  the oven to 350 degrees.

6. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface.

7. Using a gingerbread man cookie cutter, cut out the dough and place them on a cookie sheet (you may spray the cookie sheet with pam, or place parchment paper on the bottom of the cookie sheet).



 8. Bake the cookies for 8 minutes.



9. After the cookies have finished baking, place them on a cooling rack and let them cool for 10-20 minutes.

10.Buttercream Frosting- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix together the frosting untill it is thick and creamy.
11. Pipe the frosting onto the gingerbread cookies (you can decorate it with sprinkles too!)

12. Enjoy the cookies!!





No comments:

Post a Comment